Borders.org is continuously seeking new partners and volunteers to work with our entrepreneurs. There is a plethora of opportunities for some of the following to get involved with, including becoming offering time and expertise as a:
- Volunteer – Intern
- Mentoring an entrepreneur is immensely valuable because it allows the entrepreneur access to a seasoned professional that otherwise would not be available. There are a variety of practical skills a mentor can teach an entrepreneur. Those skills include important features such as general startup information such as creating the proper company structure, budgeting, business planning, networking, business etiquette and ethics and much more. Acting as mentor to entrepreneurs is a great opportunity for seasoned professionals to make a lasting impact.
Minimum 6-month commitment. Must show success and experience in general business.
- Volunteer – Intern
- Volunteering to assist entrepreneurs create and grow their business is a great way to learn startup skills. A volunteer to Borders.org will work in tandem with a company we support. Your job would to essentially become an active participant in the company. You would assist with research, writing and general tasks associated with startup formation. You would also be able to take part in our meetings and conversations.
Minimum 3-month commitment. Volunteers can range from high school through college age students that are enrolled in school or university.
- Attorneys that would like to volunteer pro-bono to give guidance to our entrepreneurs are always welcome to join our organization. Small business as well intellectual property and securities attorneys are encouraged to join.
License to practice law
- Accountants that would like to volunteer pro-bono with guidance to our entrepreneurs are always welcome to join our organization. Small business accountants and more are encouraged to join.
- Business consultants that would like to volunteer pro-bono with guidance to our entrepreneurs are always welcome to join our organization. Consultants can range from those that write business plans as their occupation to website specialists and general consulting for businesses.
Proven track record of successfully working at a consulting firm or running your own business.
- If you are an investor or work in venture capital or angel investing and are interested in viewing projects for potential funding or networking, we encourage you to be in touch. Supporting an innovative project from one of our entrepreneur can be both rewarding monetarily and consciously.